20 Ways To Show Your Skin Some LOVE
- EAT THE RAINBOW! Colorful fruits, vegetables, and spices are loaded with natural phytonutrients that help defend our skin from environmental challenges.
- MAKE SPF YOUR BFF! Exercising sun protection by daily use of sunscreen, shade, and a wide-brim hat not only protects against skin cancer, but also helps prevents wrinkles and dark spots.
- DRINK MORE WATER! Your skin is 64% water so keep it hydrated with 8 glasses a day.
- GIVE SUGAR THE BOOT! Sugar causes inflammation in the skin which eventually leads to wrinkles and sagging skin.
- FACIAL? YES PLEASE! Find a great esthetician and get regular facial treatments. These skin experts can help you deal with a variety of skin issues.
- ALL CLEANSERS, SERUMS AND CREAMS ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL! Invest in quality skincare. Your esthetician can guide you in the right direction.
- “I’M SO GOOD AT SLEEPING, I CAN DO IT WITH MY EYES CLOSED!” Poor sleep can lead to increased levels of stress hormones which aggravate inflammatory skin conditions like acne and psoriasis. Aim for 6-8 hours a night.
- MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE! Even oily skin needs a moisturizer. Your esthetician can help you choose the one that is right for your skin.
- NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP! Change your pillowcase weekly. Dirt and oil from your face and hair collect over time and you don’t want to be rubbing your face in that every night.
- TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED! Keep stress under control. Stress hormones are bad for your skin, so stay relaxed with meditation, reading, or listening to music.
- YOUR MOTHER WAS RIGHT! Keep your hands off your face…no tugging, rubbing, picking or propping your hands there.
- BABY IT’S COLD OUTSIDE! Protect your skin from the drying effects of cold weather. Bundle up with a coat, scarf and gloves.
- REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR VITAMINS! Take supplements containing antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that are good for your skin.
- IT’S YOUR BODY’S LARGEST ORGAN! Schedule a yearly skin check with your dermatologist.
- GET YOUR GLOW ON! Allowing dead skin cells, oil, and impurities to build up results in a dull complexion. See your esthetician for in-office treatments as well as recommendations for products to use at home.
- YOU WOULDN’T WASH YOUR FACE ONCE A WEEK…so don’t allow bacteria to build up on your makeup brushes and sponges. Dermatologists recommend weekly cleanings.
- A WOMAN IS LIKE A TEA BAG – YOU CAN’T TELL HOW STRONG SHE IS UNTIL YOU PUT HER IN HOT WATER…but please don’t put her in hot water. Using hot water during showers and baths strips natural oils from your skin causing flaky, irritated, itchy, dry skin.
- PLANTS = FREE OXYGEN! Buy some houseplants because they will improve the air quality in your home by removing pollutants. Some known air purifiers are spider plants, aloe vera, and fiddle leaf figs.
- IT’S A HARD HABIT TO BREAK! But you must because smoking causes the little blood vessels in your skin to constrict. Over time, elastin and collagen fibers are damaged, leading to skin sagging and wrinkles.
- TECHNOLOGY IS A GOOD THING, RIGHT!?! Not necessarily. Scientists have now proven that blue light from smartphones, computer screens, and televisions can also damage the skin over time. Fortunately, you can buy products that protect and repair from exposure to these devices.
Love the Skin you are in…
it will be with you for years to come.