Because Bikini Season Never Truly Ends And No One Really Wants More Hair On Their Back Than On Their Head!
Laser hair reduction is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed in the U.S. today. Treatments allow for permanent reduction of unwanted hair on the face, underarms, legs and bikini area. Laser energy is delivered directly to the hair follicles while pigment in the follicles absorbs the light and removes the unwanted hair. Additional hair may have difficulty growing in its place, which over time can reduce hair permanently.
At Aesthetic Specialty Centre, we use the Emvera Diolux laser hair removal system. This device features a powerful chilled tip cooling system to minimize adverse effects and make the treatment virtually pain-free. Emvera Diolux is considered the gold standard in laser hair removal today and is safe for ALL skin types.
Treatments are generally administered 4-6 weeks apart when treating the face, and 6-8 weeks apart for areas of the body. Staying on this schedule will provide you the best results because it will ensure all of the hair in the treatment area is addressed during the time when treatment will be most effective. Our goal is to provide you with the best results possible, and adhering to our recommended protocol will ensure that.
The Laser Hair Removal Procedure
Laser hair removal is generally performed without any type of anesthesia. However, if we are treating a sensitive area like the bikini line and you are concerned about discomfort during the procedure, we can discuss the option of a topical numbing cream. During the procedure, a handheld applicator delivers the laser energy directly to the hair follicles. The time for a laser hair removal treatment will vary, based on the size of the treatment area and the number of areas to be addressed in a single session.
Laser Hair Removal Recovery
There is no downtime needed after a laser hair removal treatment. Skin in the treatment area may be slightly red and tender, similar to a sunburn. However, that side effect typically resolves within a few hours of the procedure. You will begin to see results in the days following treatment, with full results expected after a series of three or more treatment sessions are completed.
Allow us to help you look and feel your best at any time of year with our gold standard Laser Hair removal treatments. Consultations are complimentary and our Aestheticians will comprise a customized course of treatment for your specific goals in Laser Hair Removal.
Laser hair removal is the most effective method of long-term hair reduction today. The procedure is safe, relatively painless and provides you with the smooth silky skin you are looking for. To learn more about laser hair removal, contact Aesthetic Specialty Centre at (770) 393-9000 for the Roswell location, or (706) 467-6500 for the Greensboro office to schedule your appointment with one of our licensed Aestheticians today.
Patient Instructions Prior To Laser Hair Removal
- Patients cannot have bleached, waxed or plucked the hair in areas to be treated within at least two weeks of treatment.
- No depilatory (cream, gel, or foam hair removal product) can be used for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Patients must avoid intense sun exposure (including tanning beds) and all forms of self-tanning at least 10 days before and after treatment.
- Patients cannot have a microdermabrasion, peel, or another laser treatment within two weeks of treatment.
- Patients cannot use prescription topical benzoyl peroxide medications or retinoids (such as Retin-A or Renova) or any other exfoliating agents on the area to be treated for at least 7 days.
- Patients must be clean shaven in all treatment areas on day of treatment. A charge of $50 or more will be added if provider shaves for the patient. Not having a clean shaven treatment area may result in postponing treatment.
- Patients cannot have taken Accutane within 6 months of treatment.
- Patients cannot be pregnant, or nursing.
- Patients must avoid all medications and supplements that cause photosensitivity. Please check with your prescribing doctor if you are currently taking any medications.
- It is recommended that patients with certain medical conditions such as lupus, diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or Hirsutism consult with their physician before beginning laser treatments.
- Patients with a history of keloid scarring should be aware there is an increased risk of this occurrence with laser treatments.
- Auburn or gray hair may not see reduction and treatment is not suggested.
- Please consult with one of our aestheticians to determine if you are a candidate for this treatment.